picture by:Alfredo Rodriguez

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Beginning




This blog is all about the stories that fill my heart and the words that fill my head. Some stories are created from real- life true events, and some are elaborations on events that every child experiences, others are my renditions on how it would be in a perfect world where there are no distractions from peace and love.

Now all about me, the author. I giggle when I call myself the "author" of these stories, when the truth is, I know they don't entirely come from me. These stories come to me in quiet, peaceful times in the form of a dream, or a flow of words like a waterfall into my mind. The words and pictures scan across my mind, and fill it up with endless possibilities. The feelings this experience creates is astounding and cannot be contained, so I find myself often at the desk in small hours of the night feverishly scribbling down the main words and ideas that come spilling out of my mind and through the pen onto my paper. They don't stop filling and spilling until they're out. I know the story has ended when: I feel a lift, a cool breeze through my mind, my heart, and it is gone, like being so hot and dry and all you need is that drink of cool water... and then you get it. No more words, no more images, just a smile, and a feeling of "Well Done".
I admit that there have been times when I find myself laughing out loud, or crying along with the characters in my own story as I write it down. I eagerly wait for the next time I get that flow of feelings and words to my heart and mind, for it is like unwrapping a great gift and I just can't wait to find what it is! Like the best book you have ever read and you just can't put it down, or stop thinking about it. I HAVE to know how it ends! I know you will feel the same way if you choose to read on. I apologize in advance for the fact that sometimes a story comes in parts, and we all have to wait for the ending, or the sequel. Or I have to wait to be ready to receive it, for whatever reason, the timing has to be right. I don't choose when to write these stories down. They choose when I get to write them down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is going to be such an awesome adventure reading your stories all the time! I'm so excited that you're blogging them for me (and others)to enjoy!